Tuesday 12 July 2016

5 Lessons About Christ - Lesson Three: Wisdom

by Karen Chung

By the grace of God, Karen will be starting her first year at U of T for plastic and reconstructive surgery. She asks for your prayers, that she may abide in God daily.





I had the privilege of watching the beautiful Janessa Se Lan marry Timothy Gee on June 11, 2016 at the Elk Ridge Resort in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. All names have been granted with permission.

God used this wedding to share five lessons about Christ, and I write them now. I write to remember, to understand, and to testify. I pray that this will also be a blessing for you.

My first glimpse of Gloria was during the worship service of Janessa's wedding. There was this beautiful woman, standing along the outside aisle, hands put together in prayer, face turned upward, and a smile on her lips as she worshiped our Lord.

Sunday morning, I'm graced by her presence. "Can I join you?" 

Gloria and I quickly connected over our heart for missions. She recently felt God calling her to stay where she is in Calgary. What she shared next, challenged me. "I felt God ask me, "If you can't share the gospel here, what makes you think you'll share it overseas?"

She continues, "I feel like everyone I meet, is on a spectrum. On one end, there is no knowledge of God, of our Saviour, of Jesus Christ. On the other end, there is a relationship with God, through Jesus Christ.

What if I can bring each person that I talk to closer to knowing God?"

Such a powerful statement. We will come into contact with thousands, perhaps millions of patients in our lifetime. Then, if we add in all other the health professionals, and then, each person we talk to at the grocery store, at a restaurant, on a bus - that's a lot of people.

“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." (Matthew 5:13-16)

Dear God, may our speech be full of Your grace, seasoned with Your salt. May we choose our words carefully, to take the attention off of ourselves and onto You, boasting only about the power of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment